The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary’s Church
A Grade 1 Norman Church dating from the C12th and listed in both Pevsner and Simon Jenkins 1000 Best Churches. Part of the Swan Group, the church houses various events such as Music in Quiet Places.
This hall was donated to the village by Walter Wood in 1930. It is run by a committee and provides the venues for a number of the classes held in Twyford. It is also used for rehearsals and performances of TADS and children and adult parties.
Twyford Village Stores. (formerly Grange Stores)
The shop was threatened with closure so the village community took over the premises on a community volunteer basis in 2007. Starting with an army of villagers with their left-over tins of paint, they decorated the inside of the old shop. Newspapers were sold on a wallpaper table together with odd packs of crisps, chocolate bars and pop The tenancy had to be terminated so the business moved temporarily into portacabins outside the village hall A new building was built and is leased to the village by local farmer, Stephen Hodges. It incorporates a bakery and coffee shop which is very popular by the villagers and passing cyclists.
Twyford recreation field
The rec. is owned by the Parish Council and is maintained by volunteers from the football and cricket club. As a result of hard work and expertise of TRIC (above) runner up to be the best pitch within 3 Counties.
There is a small play area for toddlers on the rec.
The Crown Public House
Designated a Community Asset by the local Council. Hosts numerous games, charity events and parties.
Also hosts the bi-weekly outreach Post Office and a monthly coffee morning.
A section of land off Portway Road is used by the Villagers as allotments. Owned by the Parish Council.
Twyford C of E School prides itself on offering an exciting and excellent education for children from rising three to 11 years old. A small village school, Twyford is the perfect learning environment for our children to thrive.